TAKEYA is not so much a company as it is a group of people that happen to share the same beliefs. We all believe in healthy living and a healthy planet, and do our best to make every TAKEYA product live up to that. We all believe each day was meant to enjoy, and do our best to create TAKEYA recipes that are a pleasure to make, drink and share. We all believe in fairness, and do our best to provide a good value to our customers and partners. But most of all, we all believe it’s our destiny to show the world how amazing iced tea can be. If this sounds like you, please take a look at the opportunities below.
At TAKEYA, our passion for enriching people’s lives with inspired modern products has been driven by our 50-year tradition of providing real solutions that that promote simplicity, beauty and a balanced, healthy, eco-friendly lifestyle. We accomplish this by using food-safe materials, unique functionalities and high quality craftsmanship.
A Bit About The Role:
Are you reliable with a high attention to detail and able to work on your feet? Ensuring safety is first in everything that you do and the highest quality shipping, receiving and production process is maintained is a key requirement. You will perform a variety of tasks within a distribution shipping environment including: receiving, unpacking, checking, and storing merchandise or materials. In this role, you will ensure an excellent customer experience.
Hourly wage is commiserate with experience and anticipated to be between $11 – $15 / hour + benefits.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensure safety is first in everything that you do, including: ensure that work environment is maintained clean, safe and organized, shipping equipment is maintained and safety processes put in place and always followed, and identify and report unsafe practices and behaviors immediately.
• Ensure highest quality shipping, receiving and production process is maintained. This will include: ensuring that manufactured product meets or exceeds customer specifications and company expectations, identify and report any raw materials/component defects, completion of quality records and material handling documents for all manufactured products, and work with management on continuous improvement process identification.
• Responsible for ensuring timely completion of daily tasks to meet shipping and receiving schedule. Performing a variety of tasks within a distribution shipping environment, including: receiving, unpacking, checking, and storing merchandise or materials. Packing and shipping outgoing product and material to customers. Prepare products for assembly line. Identify and resolve issues that arise.
• Safely operate forklift and pallet jack (manual or electric).
• Keep work area clean, neat, orderly and posses good housekeeping techniques.
• Assist in kitting and to fill requisitions and orders.
• Assist with training and coach other Associates and seasonal temporary help.
• Assist with the inventory verification and physical inventory stock count. Investigate inventory discrepancies.
• Maintain documentations for production related activities.
• Proactively identify ways to improve the customer experience and develop correct actions. Address customer concerns promptly and professionally.
• Coordinate with Team Lead & Production Manager to prioritize and schedule work to meet deadlines
• Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
• Prior warehouse and production experience including packing and shipping. Forklift and pallet jack experience a plus.
• Experienced with UPS World-ship and FedEx Ship Manager software a plus.
• Participation in a team environment safely.
• Detail oriented, be quality minded.
• Able to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment.
• Works well in a team environment and able to positively interact with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
• Must be able to stand on the concrete floor for the duration of work shift, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to floor, and use arms and hands. Visual precision is needed for visually inspecting product for quality at production equipment speed, and for reading documents, machine gauges, and precision measuring equipment.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Able to lift and/or move 75 pounds occasionally.