Work At Takeya Old
FOR COOL PEOPLE.
At Takeya we love to be active and we pursue our passion any chance we get. We love the feeling a great workout brings us as much as we love participating in recreational sports of every kind. We bring this passion to work each day and expect our team members to bring the same energy and drive. Our mission is simple: to inspire, energize and celebrate fitness enthusiasts everywhere – one refreshing sip at a time. Sound like a place you’d like to work at?
If this sounds like you, please take a look at the opportunity below.
SR. PRODUCT DEVELOPER
A Bit About The Role:
Takeya is a fast-growing consumer products company with tremendous growth. In this new role, the Senior Product Developer (SPD) will oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific project, with an end and a scope of specified deliverables to ensure the triple constraints of cost, quality and on-time delivery are met as agreed upon. You will define the scope of the project in collaboration across all Takeya divisions with clear deliverables. Lead a cross-functional team to create a detailed work plan/timeline which identifies and sequences the activities and resources needed to successfully complete the project. You ultimately act as a rudder for the duration of the project process and will participate closely in new product development, both as a technical product expert and as a champion of the stage-gate NPD process. We are a small company and you may also be asked to assist with other projects for the company in addition to your regular job responsibilities.
- Manage a portfolio of concurrent product development projects that span over multiple lines of business
- Coordinate internal, third party and Asia development resources for flawless execution of projects
- Uphold daily project communication & follow-up with the Asia development team
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Plan for resource availability and allocation
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to communicate project deliverables and track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline schedule. Escalate to management as needed
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical problem-solving capability
- Support the creation and successful execution of a formal Stage Gate NPD process
- Participate in and own establishing processes, practices, tools, templates and control documents to improve company wide process maturity
- Participate in product planning and ideation across all divisions
- Establish product specifications and identify features and benefits
- Compile all handover data (Bill of Materials, tech packs, art files, etc.) and distribute the complete development packs to the Asia development resources
- Facilitate all product testing and assist with the development of test protocols
- Participate in proofing all printed materials
- Work with internal teams to review prototypes, sales samples, pre-production and T-samples to ensure they meet set quality standards
- Coordinate all product sampling and field testing
- Assist with arranging samples for tradeshows, sales calls, photo shoots, etc.
- Assist with competitive analysis as needed by comparing the company's products to competitors' products
- Assist with determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Prepare all shipments of samples or prototypes that need to be presented to the client for approval. This includes follow up to the Client and Sales of impending shipments
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the VP of Product Management
- Manage deliverables on time and accurately as agreed upon.
- Facilitate and manage productive meetings with cross functional teams, and document the results.
- Follow up with team members to ensure their respective tasks are on schedule within the agreed upon timeline.
- Create project plan and maintain in MS Project to distribute accurate information in a timely manner
- Monitor timeline progress and alert the VP of Product Management if the project deliverables are at risk. Make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Ensure that all design engineering and changes for the project are up to date and communicated to the team
- BOMs prepared are 100% accurate
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field of study preferred.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience developing and producing high quality consumer products
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Can work on complex problems and exceptions without direct supervision
- Experienced working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven ability to successfully lead projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective